Saturday, September 17, 2011

Worst blogger EVAH!

I knew I wouldn't be very good at keeping up with this.  I am one who fills up the first 10 pages of a diary in a week, then doesn't' write again for 2 years.  Oy! In my defense, summer is crazy town time at work for me.  I put in tons of hours, and when I am home-I try to be as fully present with my babies and Kevin as possible.  Kevin is an amazing super Daddy who did diaper duty, naps, lunch, parks, pools and more all summer long while I was working.  He is such a great guy!

So what is going on now? Well Cappy is in 2nd grade now! Unbelievable! He is still attending a fantastic charter school based on cooperative learning, project based curriculum, and leveled learning for different children.  He is SO smart it is incredible.  He never ceases to amaze me.  his teacher put him in charge of getting the class to pick their first project.  He collected opinions, took votes, compiled info, and presented the topics to the class. Through some coercion from him, they chose Natural Disasters, and he is SO excited! He is watching lots of documentaries and reading books on hurricanes, droughts, typhoons, and more.  He is also doing really well in karate.  He is so respectful and a very focused kid.  He makes me extremely proud!


Sweet Pea started kindergarten (!!) what? She loves school.  Book learning is so much fun to her. She loves sitting, reading, writing, learning, and all the trappings of school.  She is beginning to learn how to read, which absolutely thrills her.  She is also learning how to ride her bike without training wheels.  It has been tumultuous to say the least.  Not that she isn't good at it, on the contrary, she is doing a great job.  But, for some strange reason she bursts into tears about 10 minutes in each time! So strange! She is getting better though!

Precious Ro-Dog is in the Fish class now at school.  He will be 3 in 2 months, which is so hard to believe.  He is a total love bug and loves to gives hugs and kisses.  He also only has 2 speeds: awake and asleep. There really is no "sit and relax" with him.  He moves pretty much non-stop.  Love this kid! He wants so badly to be just like his big brother and sister he can hardly stand it! He calls them "the kids" which I find hilarious. IE: "Mommy, why my kids leave me? Why dey goin to schooool?" In his class at school he loves to help kids who are crying, and is apparently very compassionate and sweet with others (whew!!) he has gotten in trouble a few times though for things like pretending to shoot a gun (ugh! you can always tell which ones have older sibs!), refusing to line up, and refusing to sit at the table.  I suppose we should work on obeying authority??

Baby Snarf is still the baby for sure! Sometimes it is easy to forget he is technically a toddler now! He is such a peanut. Weighing a mere 19 lbs (which the others all weighed by 5 months!) He is a tiny little thing.  It is hilarious to see him walk around.  He has this interesting penguin/old lady shuffle thing going on.  He just learned to say "uh-oh" and he has a sweet tiny little voice to match the body! He is mostly a quiet observer, and there is never a shortage of things to watch at home! His teachers at school say is is amazingly perfect (like they needed to tell me that!!) He never cries, loves to give snuggles, and doesn't mind being put down when he needs to be! Who could ask for more?

Daddy is back to work at the middle school again.  We are fervently praying for a job in a church. he needs to begin taking classes in Dallas in January, otherwise his ordination date will be pushed back a full year.  Which means moving back to Florida in June of '14 instead of '13.  We do not like this plan!!

So that is what things look like around here. Life is never boring, but it sure is fun! When people tell me my hands must be full, all I can think is "why would I want it any other way!?" I am so blessed by this precious, lovely crew!!

Hopefully I will do a better job of updating the blog this school year, but no promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment