Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane...

well Daddy is at least, and oh boy were the tears flowing this morning (the kids were sad too!!! just kidding, it was the kids who were crying) Cappy thought he was leaving on Thursday and coming home sat and you would have thought that poor kids heart was breaking in to pieces when the doorbell rang for Kev to leave for the airport this morning! Oh well, it is good they love him!

After Daddy left we hung out for awhile, made cinnamon rolls, and we were just generally lazy until it was time for swim lessons.  Today was day 2 for the 2 oldest kids (they are doing a special spring break daily class) Cappy is working on stroke development, as he has been independently swimming since about 2.5.  Sweet Pea, on the other hand, cries at the mere thought of entering a body of water sans floatation device.  In fact, she cried for a good part of last week just imagining her swim class "I won't even know the teachers name!" "What if I have a boy teacher?" "what if I drown?" were just a few of the concerns voiced by the girl child.  So Kevin took them yesterday and I asked them to call me when the class ended.  I answered the phone to hear "Mamaaaaaaaaa I LOVE SWIMMING LESSONS!!!" I breathed a huge sigh of relief. 

Soooo today it was my turn to take them to lessons.  I loaded all 4 kiddos up (and plenty of snacks and distractions for Rowan since he would be having to sit and watch.  30 minutes, 2 juice boxes, a cheese stick, some Ritz crackers, a fruit leather, an orange, a quick nursing for baby snarf, and a broken slinky later-and the kids did great again! (OK so I could only focus in short bursts, since I was trying to prevent the little boys from driving all the other Moms crazy....) but what I saw was awesome! Cappy is really getting the hang of side breathing, and Sweet Pea spent lots of time face down with nary a tear! Fear of water over and done with, thank goodness!

Then during nap time, I went shopping for new car insurance and-are you ready for this???? Saved us over $450/6 months! Woot! I also got our deductible down to $250 instead of $500 and got higher rental car coverage, should the need ever arise.  Love saving money!

Now we await then end of nap time when I think we will go to our favorite little SnoBall shop and enjoy a frosty treat before heading to Life Together Group tonight for a little bit of fellowship time with all of our crazy kids!

Spring Break is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment