Friday, March 11, 2011

Loving this day!

I have said it before, I love my job-but in my heart I am a stay-at-home mama.  (little factoid...for the first 2 years I worked at the church, I called myself a "stay at home mom who worked 5 hours a day" then I had to put Ro-Dog into mother's day out at 10 months, and Baby Snarf in at 3 months, so now I gave that up and say I am a working mom...anyway)

Soooo, I LOVE days off.  I mean I know everyone loves days off, but I just find a special bliss on days like today.  I had to fight really hard with myself to not keep Seamus home from school today.  (If I was still a SAHM I would probably homeschool...well maybe)

So what am I doing on this fantastic day off you may ask? So exciting! :) I:
-went to Sam's
-had lunch with my kids
-put the little 2 kids down for a nap
-made "paint water" with Julianna, by soaking a marker in water.
-played outside in the backyard

and when the babies wake up, we will:
-go to the mall to make 2 exchanges
-go to a friend's house to pick out some doll clothes
-pick big brother up from school
-make pizza for dinner
-maybe watch a movie on netflix and have a dinner picnic
 and in between I will do dishes and laundry

So nothing terribly exciting, to some people a day like this sounds like a nightmare.  To me, however, it is perfection.  I love just being.  The normal, mundane tasks of the day, surrounded by my little brood, they make me smile. Next week is Spring Break, and I am going to pretend I am a SAHM all week long! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment